Do you have questions? We’ve got answers! Check out the frequently asked questions below for a wealth of information about ARCTIC ZERO.
WHAT IS ARCTIC ZERO?
– ARCTIC ZERO is the first faba bean base, non-dairy frozen dessert! It is rich in flavor and creamy in texture without all the fat and calories that products made with coconut, soy, and nut milk have. We are filling an unmet need in the category for people who want great taste but are concerned with the effects of questionable sweeteners such as sugar alcohols.
WHERE CAN I FIND ARCTIC ZERO?
– ARCTIC ZERO is available at select stores nationwide!
I CAN’T FIND ARCTIC ZERO OR MY FAVORITE FLAVORS AT MY LOCAL STORE! WHAT CAN I DO?
– While we’re making our way into more and more stores across the country, you can help bring ARCTIC ZERO faster to your local store’s shelves by printing and filling out our Product Request Form and delivering it to the store manager.
CAN I ORDER ARCTIC ZERO ONLINE?
– Yes! Our frozen desserts are now available for purchase at Amazon Fresh and icecreamsource.com. *Keep in mind, any order issues should be communicated with them directly.
WHEN WILL MY ONLINE ORDER ARRIVE?
– Please contact Amazon Fresh and icecreamsource.com directly for order status and any order issues.
OUR INGREDIENTS, NUTRITION AND ALLERGEN INFORMATION
HOW IS ARCTIC ZERO SO MUCH LOWER IN CALORIES THAN TRADITIONAL ICE CREAM?
– Our frozen desserts do not contain the same ingredients, nor are they made as traditional ice cream. We have a novel manufacturing process and blend of premium ingredients. We use faba bean protein instead of cream, milk and eggs. And we use a blend of monk fruit and sugar. We’ve worked hard to create the perfect frozen treat just for you!
IS ARCTIC ZERO LACTOSE-FREE? DAIRY-FREE?
– Yes, our Non-Dairy products are lactose-free and dairy-free. We have reformulated and our product base is now made of faba bean protein.
IS ARCTIC ZERO VEGETARIAN? VEGAN?
– Yes, our Non-Dairy products are vegan and now Certified Plant Based! We have reformulated and our product base is now made of faba bean protein.
WHAT IS ARCTIC ZERO SWEETENED WITH? WHAT IS MONK FRUIT?
– You won’t find any artificial sweeteners in ARCTIC ZERO. To create our subtle sweetness, we use a proprietary blend of monk fruit and organic cane sugar. Monk fruit is a small melon that’s harvested from the subtropical hillsides of Asia. A natural sweetener that’s low glycemic and rich in antioxidants. The pulp of each monk fruit is roughly 150 times sweeter than sugar.
WHAT IS ALLULOSE? IS IT SAFE?
– It is a low-calorie sweetener with the same sweet taste and texture as table sugar. Allulose is often referred to as a “rare sugar” due to its discovery in small quantities in nature. Allulose is also unique in its nutrient profile – it shares the typical chemical structure of a carbohydrate, but only contributes a fraction of the calories and does not raise blood sugar levels. It is absorbed by the body, but not metabolized so it’s nearly calorie-free. Allulose has received Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) status from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
WHAT IS ALLULOSE DERIVED FROM?
– The allulose in ARCTIC ZERO is derived from fruits such as raisins, figs, kiwis and jack fruit. It is gluten-free, vegan and Non-GMO Project Verified!
WHY DON’T YOU USE ERYTHRITOL OR SUGAR ALCOHOLS?
– Sugar alcohols such as erythritol and maltitol can cause stomach/GI cramping and bloating, especially when you eat them regularly or in high quantities. We choose not to put anything into our products that can have adverse side effects – we want people to feel great after eating a pint of ARCTIC ZERO!
IS ARCTIC ZERO SAFE FOR DIABETICS?
– ARCTIC ZERO offers a high fiber content and is low in carbs, especially when compared to the high carbs found in regular ice cream. It is sweetened with a blend of organic cane sugar and monk fruit, a low-glycemic sweetener. We highly recommend that you consult your primary physician about food and nutrition concerns before enjoying our frozen desserts.
WHERE DOES THE PROTEIN IN YOUR FROZEN DESSERTS COME FROM?
– Our Non-Dairy frozen desserts are now made with Faba Bean protein.
ARE THE NON-DAIRY FROZEN DESSERTS HIGH IN PROTEIN?
– Protein content per serving is 1g and per pint is 4g. We’re focused on rich flavor, creamy texture and low calories rather than the protein levels. “Added” protein has a chalky taste/texture.
WHAT ARE THE NATURAL FLAVORS IN ARCTIC ZERO MADE OF?
– Our natural flavors are plant-based and give each frozen dessert its own unique, indulgent taste. You’ll never find any monosodium glutamate (MSG) or hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP) in our natural flavors.
IS ARCTIC ZERO GLUTEN-FREE?
– Our products are certified gluten free by the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America, except our Cookie Dough Chunk and Brownie Blast pints, those two flavors are not gluten-free.
IS ARCTIC ZERO GMO-FREE?
– Yes, our Non-Dairy frozen desserts are nonGMO Project Verified.
IS ARCTIC ZERO KOSHER?
– Yes, our frozen desserts are OK Kosher Certified.
IS ARCTIC ZERO NUT FREE?
– The base of all our Non-Dairy frozen desserts is nut free and do not contain any nut products, except our Chocolate Peanut Butter pints, which includes a peanut derivative. *Although our frozen desserts are not produced in a nut free facility, our facilities use some of the strictest sanitation policies to prevent cross contamination, which includes sanitizing the production line between every flavor that is produced that day.
IS ARCTIC ZERO SOY FREE?
– Although our frozen dessert’s base is soy free, the chocolate mix-ins in our Cherry Chocolate Chunk, Brownie Blast, and Cookie Dough Chunk contain soy lecithin.
WHAT IS ACACIA GUM, TARA GUM, AND GUAR GUM? WHY USE THEM?
– Acacia gum, Tara gum, and Guar gum are dietary fibers that act as natural stabilizers, give it a creamy texture and help reduce the calories.
ARE THERE EGGS IN YOUR PRODUCT?
– No, we do not use eggs in any of our products or in any of the mix-ins.