December 11, 2013
Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
This unforgettable holiday dessert combines pears and raspberries with AZ and is sure to please this season!
For the Poached Pears:
•4 ripe pears, peeled
•4 cups dry red wine
•1 cup brown sugar
•1 cup white sugar
•One cinnamon stick
•8 scoops Arctic Zero
For the Raspberry Sauce:
•3 cups fresh raspberries
•1/2 cup sugar
•1/4 cup red wine sauce (reserved from pears)
1. Combine the sugars, red wine and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil and then reduce to low and add the pears.
3. Cover mixture for about 10 minutes, or until soft.
4. Using a slotted spoon, move the pears to a bowl.
5. Pour the sauce over the pears and let mixture get to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Turn the pears every few minutes to ensure the color is a deep red.
6. Meanwhile, make the raspberry sauce by heating the raspberries, sugar and 1/4 cup of the red wine reduction from the pears.
7. Cook over medium heat until mixture is bubbly and thick. Using a potato masher, mash the raspberries to make a thick sauce.
8. Serve the pears over 2-3 scoops of Arctic Zero. Drizzle with raspberry sauce and serve.